Experiencing Divine Love in your family

John 15:10-13 (NASB)10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 11 "These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. 12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. My desire for this teaching is to stir up our remembrance on our Christian conduct and how we demonstrate Divine Love with one another. First and foremost the family unit is the closest representation to the Heavenly family of God. Therefore, if the Body of Christ is to be healthy, the family unit must be healthy and demonstrating Divine Love with one another. It is very easy to become familiar with our family and began to step out a position of love with them if we are not alert to the strategies of satan and have not renewed our minds to think and do what the bible says, not what our flesh is saying at that moment. There is specific conduct that we can demonstrate that will take us out of a position of Divine Love. Which brings me to my first point. 1. Conduct that we can demonstrate that will take us out of a position of Divine Love. The Bible Says… 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NASB) 4 Love is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, 2 Corinthians 12:20 (NLT) 20 For I am afraid that when I come I won’t like what I find, and you won’t like my response. I am afraid that I will find quarreling, jealousy, anger, selfishness, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorderly behavior. Just as there is specific conduct that will keep us out of a position of Divine Love there is conduct that will ensure a Divine position of Love. Which brings me to my second point. 2. Conduct that will ensure a Divine position of Love. The Bible Says…in Philippians 2:1-5 (NLT) 1 Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? 2 Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. 3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. 5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Philippians 2:13-16 (NLT) 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. 14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16 Hold firmly to the word of life; … Colossians 3:12-16 (NLT) 12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. 16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. …. Our Father has placed every tool we need in His Word, for us to produce His Divine Loving Conduct in our lives Which brings me to the third and final point. 3. We must renew our minds to the Word of Love contained in the Word of God. If we desire to respond in Divine Love with our families then there are specific scriptures that will produce this loving behavior if we will thoughtfully and heartily wash our Hearts and minds with them daily. As we read the following scriptures in 1st person they begin to actively work in our hearts as long as our hearts contain no un-forgiveness. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 My Love is patient and My Love is kind. My Love is not jealous, My Love is not boastful, My Love is not proud, My Love is not rude. My Love does not demand its own way. My Love is not irritable, and My Love keeps no record of being wronged. My Love does not rejoice about injustice but My Love rejoices whenever the truth wins out. My Love never gives up, My Love never loses faith, My Love is always hopeful, and My Love endures through every circumstance. Philippians 1:9-11 (NLT) I pray that my love will overflow more and more, and that I will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I understand what really matters, that I may live a pure and blameless life until the day of Christ’s return. 11 May I always be filled with the fruit of my salvation—the righteous character produced in my life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God. Philippians 2:13-16 (NLT) 13 For God is working in me, giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases him. 14 I Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize me . I Live a clean, innocent life as a child of God, shining like a bright light in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16 I Hold firmly to the word of life…. Colossians 3:12-16 (NLT) 12 Since God chose me to be the holy people he loves, I clothe myself with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 I make allowance for other’s faults, and I forgive anyone who offends me. I remember, the My Father forgave me, so I must forgive others. 14 Above all, I clothe myself with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And I let the peace that comes from Christ rule in my heart. For as members of one body I have been called to live in peace. And I am always thankful. 16 I let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill my life. I teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. I sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. In closing I discussed three points 1. There is specific conduct will take us out of a position of Divine Love. 2. There is conduct that will ensure a Divine position of Love. 3. We must renew our minds to the Word of Love contained in the Word of God. Our family has been called and chosen of God to be Ministers of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Our behavior with one another will be scrutinized by the lost and other Christians to the highest degree. This is the most important area of our Christian walk, Our love for one another will be completely visible to the outside world. I trust that our love for one another will be a great testimony for the Body of Christ. We can, Interestingly enough help each other be successful in our Divine Love with one another. We can do this by renewing our hearts and minds daily with these scriptures and above all else making it our hearts desire to love one another even as “ He loved us” We are family but first and foremost we are brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus! Let us love each other as He loves us! Closing Prayer Father I thank You for transforming our hearts and minds, thank You for transforming us from Glory to Glory with Your precious Holy Word. Thank You Father, for sealing this Holy Word to our hearts and minds. Father I thank You that You have place Your Divine love inside of our hearts and equipped us with all the knowledge, and desire to love one another in Your Divine manner. Father, Thank You that we are lights of love that shine brightly in a dark world that does not know Your love. Let us always put each other first in the precious Name of the Lord Jesus! Let us openly demonstrate Your Divine Love to the World in our family. Let us be a perfect example of Your Divine Love in today’s family. Father thank You for putting this Holy Word into our hearts in the Precious Name of the Lord Jesus! Thank You that this Word will not return to You void, but it will accomplish what You please and purpose, and will prosper in what You have sent it to do in our lives. We give You all Glory and Praise, We love and adore You! Amen

Comments

Popular Posts